We are looking for a Programmer who is passionate about all aspects of video game programming to join the Witchbrook team. This programmer should have a wide range of interests and skills, including gameplay, systems, engine, graphics, and user interface.
We are a successful and self-funded indie studio, and we take pride in having a no-crunch policy, 4-day work week, and full creative independence. We’re interested in hearing from applicants all over the world and are happy to help with relocation to London.
- Working on a C++17 codebase, using a custom game engine, Halley
- Implementing gameplay and game systems, with opportunities for engine work
- Collaborating with the art and design teams
- Experience with video game programming, ranging from gameplay to systems
- At least one year of experience working in a games studio
- Experience with modern C++ (At least C++11, preferably C++14 and above)
- Familiarity with video games, especially indie games
- Strong grasp of software engineering, able to write organized, understandable code
- Ability to understand an unfamiliar code base, and effectively debug it
- Understanding of distributed source control (such as git)
- Flexible with technology and willingness to learn new things
- Good communication skills, not only with the team lead, but also with non-technical members of the team
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude towards work
- Pragmatic personality, able to focus on what’s best for the project
- Able to work in our office in London (bonus: we have office dogs!)
- Hands on experience implementing a variety of different gameplay experiences and a good sense of “game feel” and game design
- Writing shaders
- Past experience working, testing, and debugging games on consoles
- General usage of cloud providers (such as AWS), including implementation of web apps, websites, and game servers.
- Experience with Console Certification
- Experience with Multiplayer Game Development
- Good grasp of mathematics, especially geometry
- 4-day work week (Monday-Thursday)
- Flexible hours (between 9-to-5 and 10-to-6, with one hour lunch)
- No-crunch policy and culture
- Private healthcare
- Profit share scheme and annual bonuses
- And more!
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
Please Apply with
- Your CV
- Your cover letter
- A portfolio of games you’ve worked on (preferably including videos)
We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role – please feel free to let us know if we need to accommodate disability-related requests.