We are looking to find a Programmer who is passionate about all aspects of video game programming to join our team. We’re looking for a versatile programmer who has a wide range of interests and skills, including gameplay, systems, engine, user interface and feedback, and all other aspects of game programming. They’ll be working on our in-house game project, Witchbrook!
We are a successful and self-funded indie studio, with a no-crunch policy and full creative independence. We are open to applicants from all over the world and will help with relocation to our London office as long as you have the right skill set, experience and motivation.
To apply please fill out the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and portfolio.
- Hands-on experience with video game programming, ranging from gameplay to systems
- Experience with modern C++ (At least C++11, preferably C++14 and above)
- Familiarity with video games, especially indie games
- Strong grasp of software engineering, able to write organized, understandable code, while remaining pragmatic about it
- Ability to understand an unfamiliar code base, and being able to effectively debug it
- Understanding of distributed source control (such as git)
- Flexible with technology and always willing to learn new things
- Good communication skills, not only with the team lead, but also with non-technical members of the team, and able to work without the need for being micromanaged
- Pragmatic personality, able to focus on what’s best for the project
- Capable of excelling in a relaxed open office environment
- Able to work in our office in London (n.b. we have office dogs!)
- Hands on experience implementing a variety of different gameplay experiences and a good sense of “game feel” and game design
- Optimizing video games
- Past experience working, testing and debugging games on consoles
- Implementation of web apps, including websites, game servers, and general usage of cloud providers such as AWS
- Experience with Console Certification
- Experience with Multiplayer Game Development
To apply please email email@example.com or fill out the form below.
Please Apply with
- Your CV
- Your cover letter
- Your portfolio of games you’ve worked on
We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role – please feel free to let us know if we need to accommodate disability-related requests. Chucklefish practices a zero-crunch policy which we extend to our published teams, freelancers and partners.