Chucklefish are looking for an experienced Social Media / Community Manager (contractor) for a fixed-term 6-month contract (with scope to extend if required). This role will be full-time, Mon-Fri.
They will be working alongside our Marketing & Publishing team to support the Early Access launch of a PC space simulation title, as well as other Chucklefish games. In this role they’ll be asked to keep their fingers on the pulse of the community across Twitter, Discord and Steam forums, ensuring the community is engaged, well-maintained and healthy!
We’re incredibly proud of the inclusive and welcoming environment we’ve curated within our community and hope the candidate will extend, enhance and continue those efforts. We are looking for an individual who will be self-driven and passionate about the possibilities within community management and promotion of contemporary indie games.
Examples of daily tasks:
- General administration of Steam forums and Discord, replying where possible and collating bugs and feedback with the help of our QA manager
- Copywriting for blogs and social media to communicate game updates, announcements and other news
- Create social media content (Twitter, Instagram, Discord, Facebook, YouTube community) that engages the community and helps spread awareness to a larger audience
- Contribute to the development of the game by being the conduit between community and developer, presenting conversations and feedback during beta
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to best represent Chucklefish
- In depth knowledge of social platforms including Twitter, Discord, Steam forums and Reddit
- Proficiency with image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop
- Interest and experience with indie marketing
- Experience with social media and community management
- Ability to craft and execute content planning that engages with the community
- Must feel comfortable asking for help and support, and be open to feedback from both the development team and our in-house marketing and publishing team
Nice to haves:
- Enjoys streaming and communicating to fans via Twitch
- Experience in post-release social and marketing campaigns to continue drumming up interest
- Experience with Early Access launches
This position is a full time role, with the option of working in-house at our London office when we re-open or remotely provided they can commit to a work schedule on UK time.
To apply, fill in the form below or reach out to us at email@example.com with:
- ‘[YOUR NAME HERE] Community Manager’ in the subject field
- Your CV and cover letter.
- Any examples of your previous work (social media campaigns, blogs, newsletters etc)
- Your earliest start date and any special scheduling considerations within the month after that start date.
- Your freelance rates
We highly encourage members of marginalised and underrepresented groups to apply for this role – please feel free to let us know if we need to accommodate disability-related requests. Chucklefish practices a zero-crunch policy which we extend to our published teams, freelancers and partners.