We’re looking for a freelance Unity Motion Artist/Technical Animator available for work immediately. The position is remote. It will involve setting up and animating cutscenes for a 2D pixel art game in Unity.
Please fill in the form below or send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to attach or link to any relevant examples that you might be able to show us, as well!
- Familiarity with Unity’s Animation View panel, and being able to construct complex animations on it
- Familiarity with Unity in general
- Artistic skill in animation to create cutscenes to a very high standard, having a very good understanding of animation basics, including how to make an animation feel “juicy” and “solid”.
- Full understanding of working with easing curves and knowledge of how to use them
- Experience with working with 2D sprites in Unity
- Good skill with Unity Particle system
- Familiarity with Git and source control
- Able to work during European work hours
- Good team working skills, able to communicate with the team effectively
- Creating animations and cutscenes based on existing sprites and keyframes in Unity, to a very high standard of quality
- Communicate with the rest of the team and with the 2D Sprite Animator if you feel that additional sprite animations are required to execute the cutscene
- Creating special effects (flashes, glares, highlights, etc)
- Using existing particle effects as appropriate, or creating new ones if needed