From balance changes to bug fixes, weekly developer streams and updates, we’ve had a wild ride since Starmancer launched in Early Access on August 5 2021. We want to thank you all for your support, feedback and patience.
We knew this initial period of development would prioritise bug fixing and stability improvements before we could start working on the fun content ideas we have (as seen below)
Over two months later and we’re proud of the progress we’ve made in improving the player experience, working with our community to listen to their concerns and addressing them where possible. There’s never been a better time to get back into Starmancer to develop your chaotic station.
So, what’s changed?
- Based on player feedback, morale penalties have undergone several balance changes to reduce frustration when colonists become unhappy
- Several UI changes to improve user experience and fluidity of gameplay
- Colonists’ eating habits were altered to no longer require a strict variety of food. This would previously lead them to eat biowaste, ore etc.
- Several fixes for airlocks which would lead to suffocation or game crashes
- Several save game fixes to greatly reduce file corruption
- Adjusted the number of enemy spawns – no more nightmare Walking Dead scenes on your station
- Improved colonist pathfinding to address colonists getting stuck in random queues
If you love poring over substantial patch notes, you can find more information on the above by visiting our Wiki.
We’ve only just started and can’t wait to show you what’s coming next! After a community poll in our Discord, it became clear that the community loves science. Doctors and Diseases, For Science! and Robot Lords were the top three most popular updates. This could factor into upcoming updates and content development if the screenshot above is anything to go by 👀
Love for our community <3
Since launch, members of our awesome community have shared their incredible builds and creative fan art. We wanted to showcase some here:
In the meantime, we’ll continue working hard to resolve your queries and developing Starmancer into the best space colony sim we can. Keep updated on Starmancer development by catching weekly Developer livestreams with Tyler on Fridays 1100 ET/0800 PT. You can also follow us on Discord, Facebook and Twitter.
Until next time <3